Monday, June 18, 2012

Vacations...Fun, but Exhausting!

We got back from Florida late Saturday night and we are all exhausted! It was a fun trip, but it took a lot out of us. We went with Shaun's parents to Orlando, Florida. We ended up going to Disney world for two days, Seal World, and one day at the beach. The kids had a great time and really enjoyed meeting some of their favorite Disney Characters. They really haven't watched a lot of Disney movies, just Peter Pan and Cinderella. Sam is in LOVE with Peter Pan. He pretends that he is Peter Pan all of the time and loves all things that are related to pirates. Lilly really likes Tinkerbell and Cinderella. So, it made their day when they met them.
The Shaw Family's first time at Disney!



Wow! Disney world sure is exhausting! We only went to Magic Kingdom, but we still saw maybe a sixth of the park. I didn't realize it would take close to an hour to actually get to the park (you have to park your car, catch the tram, then catch the ferry or train). Once we were inside the park, it seems like we had to stop between every ride for food or bathroom or just a rest! I think we will definitely go back, but maybe when its not so hot outside! We bought little fans to clip onto the strollers, so that helped a little bit, but I know Ben was kind of miserable. We brought lots of drinks and snacks to help keep the kids happy. We also tried to save money but bringing a soft cooler with our lunch in it. We would buy a soda and sit in one of the air conditioned cafeteria-type restaurants to get out of the heat for a while. I would definitely recommend doing that if you ever go to Disney World!

Sam meeting his idol 
Poor Ben! It was SO hot!
The beach was really great! The kids loved playing in the water and in the sand. Ben did a great job and loved crawling all over the place. I was afraid he would constantly put sand in his mouth, but he only tried that a couple times. We are going back to Florida in July (I know we are crazy) with my parents. They rented a house right on the beach, so I know the kids will love playing there everyday. I am hoping this is a more relaxing vacation! We only have one big activity planned, so that should help with the relaxation part. My mom has gotten tickets for us to go on an actual pirate ship (well not actual pirates, but an actual ship). Sam is going to LOVE this. I can't wait to see his face when we pull up to the ship. It should be a nice vacation, but I am not looking forward to the long drive. Since the kids have to stop so often it takes a total of about 24 hours for us to get there-It should take around 18. The kids did a great job, but its still a long trip!
They had so much fun! 

I have so much to do around the house, especially since we left in a bit of a hurry and its a big mess now! Oh well, I am sure it will all get done! Before I know it, we will be leaving again,  but I am going to try and leave the house in better shape this time :)


No comments:

Post a Comment